Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dear Mister President ★★★✩✩




Title: Dear Mister President

Author: Adam Fitzroy

Genre: m/m fiction

Print length: 159 pages

Publication date: February 9, 2013

Rating: Three Stars

Blurb: When USAF Colonel Chad Ryan accepts a new job on the White House staff he is soon making friends with the First Family – and with charismatic and troubled President Douglas Ford Kearney himself. They have scarcely begun to explore their feelings for one another, however, when it becomes apparent that their relationship is under threat from enemies both within and without. As world events look certain to drive them apart, can Chad and Doug find a way of holding on to their happiness – and can there be any chance of a future for them together?

Review: 
This wasn't bad but I was far from crazy about it. It's definitely a well set up story and there is much more going on aside from the romance which is always a plus. But there was really no chemistry between the main characters. I couldn't understand what made either one of them appealing to the other. In addition, the supporting characters felt flimsy, like the author really didn't give them much thought. I hate to say it, but I was somewhat bored with it. 

Buy it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BE6PP7W/ref=oh_d__o03_details_o03__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


More titles by Adam Fitzroy:




Title: Stage Whispers

Author: Adam Fitzroy

Genre: m/m romance

Print length: 385 pages

Publication date: February 24, 2013

Overall reviewer rating: Four and a Half Stars

Blurb: Meet jobbing actor Jonathan Stapleton - failed husband, slightly better father, with no ambition and in his own eyes only a modicum of acting ability; he doesn’t need complications in his life, but that’s exactly what he gets with Callum Henley - younger, talented, exasperatingly impulsive, and for some reason completely crazy about him. How can they hope to succeed as a couple when one is heading for fame and fortune at the very top of his profession … and the other one prefers to stay at home?

Review by ChinaBlue:
I have never, ever, written a review of a book before but this one impressed me so much that I felt I must add to the other 5 star review of this book to make more than a few readers aware of the importance, and strength, of this book and its writing. The following is something I wrote on an Amazon discussion board and basically says it all for me regarding this book.

"I loved this book so much that when it was over I hit the (Kindle) "Go To" button - went to the beginning and started reading it all over again. Yes it was slow - a most wonderful, leisurely, relaxed story of love between two men that began unprecipitated - lost its way somewhere along the path of life - and then was found again at the end.

I did not finish this book with a "wow"; rather I ended it with a feeling of pure perfection and admiration of writing style and characterization. So much so that I wanted to hop on an airplane and go visit the cast of characters (and there were many) who I felt I knew and wanted so much to be able to share in their camaraderie.

The writing style was lovely, lyrical at times, but most impressive - so very literal that I had to stop and reread various passages along the way. This is not a skill that I have often seen in the m/m genre (JL excepted) so when it does arise, I applaud it.

Anyhow, to make a long review short - this is my "perfect" book in the m/m genre. It now is first before Adrien and Jake and then, Jake and Tor. This book won't work for a lot of you, but it sure works for me."


Buy it from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Whispers-ebook/dp/B00BKR6GFU/ref=la_B00BF045YG_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368058260&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment