Monday, May 20, 2013

The Epic Love Story of Doug and Stephen ★★★★★




Title: The Epic Love Story of Doug and Stephen

Author: Valerie Z. Lewis

Genre: m/m romance

Print length: 219 pages

Publication date: April 11, 2011

Rating: Five Stars

Blurb: A comedy about a bisexual mechanic turned model who aims to get the man of his dreams and save the world as soon as he finishes smoking this joint.

Review:
OMG, I freaking loved this book!
The first time I read it, I was at work. Bad idea. I got to the purple monkey fucker and fell off my goddamned chair laughing. My co worker thought I was having a seizure. This is, hands down, the funniest freaking book I've read in this genre. I have no clue how someone could write a book so completely hilarious and still make the romance so very sweet. I adore it, adore it, adore it. If you haven't read it, you're missing out.

Some highlights:
Doug: "I also decided I want to have a meaningful relationship. But only with one person. And then stay with that person for a long time. Like, uh, monography." 
Stephen tapped a few keys in a quick rhythm. "It's a shame your epiphany wasn't accompanied by a thesaurus."
                                                        *  *  * 
Stephen: "You decided to switch from being a career heterosexual? Did we have a better health insurance plan?"
                                                                       *  *  *
Doug looked at the paper doubtfully. "I'm not gonna have sex with any other guys, Stephen. I'm only gay for you."
"I'm touched," Stephen said. "Get out"
Stephen stood with his arms folded over his chest as Doug readied himself to leave. He put on his jacket, adjusted his orange hat, and retied his shoelaces. Then he stood smiling expectantly at Stephen.
"What part of `get out' was confusing?" Stephen asked.
Doug smiled suggestively. "Aren't you forgetting something?"
"A weapon?" Stephen offered.
Doug leaned forward and whispered, "It's our second date. It's okay to kiss me now."
"This is not a date," Stephen told him firmly. "The first event was blackmail, and the current event is stalking."
"What's the next event?"


Enough said, I think :)

Buy it from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Epic-Love-Story-Stephen-ebook/dp/B004W8DA30/ref=cm_cr-mr-title



No comments:

Post a Comment